VIRGINIA EARTHQUAKE 2011. WE WILL REBUILD….. NEVER FORGET.

If you want to share this with your friends on Facebook or Twitter there are share buttons at the bottom of this post. Please don’t forget to also include a link to my blog! xoxoxox

UPDATE: my friend Robby on Facebook just sent me this wonderful photoshop that I can’t take credit for, but still wanted to share :)

20110824-020941.jpg

Unshopped picture via this guy

42 responses

1. Christofer Sears

hahaha… i’m putting this on my facebook. that is just damn funny.

August 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM

• Thanks for the comment, Christofer! Glad you liked it and shared it. I also have a Facebook page that you can follow!! Do ittttttt.

It’s http://www.Facebook.com/BlahBethany

August 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM

• Anonymous

that was excellent humor. outstanding.
        don’t stop. :)

August 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

2. Anonymous

This is hilarious! I am printing it out!

August 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM

• I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i am glad reading your arilcte. But want to remark on few general things, The site style is wonderful, the arilctes is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

September 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM

3. Mark - Indy

Agreed. Funny stuff, Bethany.

August 24, 2011 at 12:47 PM

4. Guesticle

The top one made ABC news this morning.

August 24, 2011 at 3:25 PM

5. Anonymous

Kudos!

Very classic!

August 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM

6. Anonymous

Pic from last year, small quake in Gaithersburg, MD

August 24, 2011 at 4:25 PM

• Would you happen to have any flamiy photo’s that were taken in Sterling that you would be willing to share? I live in Sterling and am interested in the history. Any photo’s that also include buildings are of interest.I remember your Aunt Francis and Uncle Dugan and Butch, they lived down the road from me when I was growing up.

September 12, 2013 at 7:43 AM

7. Anonymous

I don’t see attribution. Didn’t this come from somebody else’s posterize account?

August 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM

8. I don’t see attribution here. Isn’t this from somebody else’s posterize account?

August 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

• Shadowspawn

STFU, moron

August 25, 2011 at 2:15 PM

9. Anonymous

These images are running rampant all over Tumblr, too! This is too awesome!

August 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM

10. I live in N.J. , and I felt the earthquake. And in a few days were having a hurricane!
    Go fig!

August 24, 2011 at 7:00 PM

11. Heather

Not funny the high school here in Louisa is destroyed not to mention homes and businesses. But glad you find it comical.

August 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

• Anonymous

louisa sucks!

August 25, 2011 at 8:04 AM

• Sam

alloooooora per cominciare riocdro che questo gioco in cerca di Publisher e quindi tutto ci che abbiamo visto viene dalle tasche degli stessi produttori che hanno prodotto il motore e hanno pagati i vari progettisti e programmatori per creare anche il gioco, quindi Doppio lavoro = Doppio costo.Nonstante ci si mormora abbia trovato il publisher anche se non ancora chiaro.Poi, il gioco uscir nel 2009, la HV ha voglia e tenta di migliorare la grafica ergo, questa SICURAMENTE NON SARA LA GRAFICA DEFINITIVA.Terzo punto il Wii non certo la Xbox o la PS3 per ragazzi prendete RE4 e prendete questo Siamo su un’altro pianeta.Nessuno qui si mai aspettato dal wii delle prestazioni che solo 3 cell da 3gh della Xbox sanno dare, per almeno qui qualcuno che non sia nintendo lo sta spremendo o comunque utilizzando.Certo innegabile che il bump mapping spesso grezzo, che non tutte le armi non sono curatissime, ma sono comunque screenshot. Anche Unreal Turnamet III sugli screen peggio del gioco in game.Non siate cattivi anche con i giochi che tentano di smuovere le acque. Commenti come quelli di pino mi fanno semplicemente ridere.A voi la parola .

May 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM

• Anonymous

Good grief, lighten up, it is a joke. No one was seriously hurt, and as the picture said…we WILL rebuild.

August 25, 2011 at 10:01 AM

• i dont like Heather

poop you

August 27, 2011 at 4:50 PM

• Anonymous

It’s a joke no one cares about how serious you think the earthquake was calm it down so a school got structural damage the earthquake was minor good grief. Get a life

September 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM

12. That’s hilarious! Already shared on FB.

August 24, 2011 at 9:33 PM

• abarbara on This is the work done by Paula Gambin, Cherise Greach, Shannon Pace, Graziella Chetcuti and Megan Galea for the YRE cotoemitipnabarbara on This is the work of Grace Anne Muscat for the YRE cotoemitipn

September 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM

13. Anonymous

you need to submit this to The Onion. AWESOME>

August 25, 2011 at 1:15 AM

14. Anonymous

This is hilarious! And I was worried about Matt LOL

August 25, 2011 at 7:23 AM

15. Anonymous

I’m enjoying that all those people that said “I’d never live in CA because of earthquakes.” Oh yeah? FYI, this was a little one guys!!

August 25, 2011 at 9:33 AM

• Anonymous

I moved to Virginia from California. I always hear people say they would never live in Ca because of the earthquakes. I have seen more damage form snow, rain, wind, and hurricanes , than I had seen in California the 40 years I lived there. You’re right it was a small one.

August 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM

16. Heather

Yeah thank God no one was seriously hurt. Louisa sucks? Wow I’m sure your about 12

August 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM

17. Anonymous

You should put one out for Colorado.

August 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM

18. rayty

Absolutely beautiful.
    It really points to how over done, to all this is truly being over done…all this never forget and crocodile tears crap.

August 25, 2011 at 2:52 PM

19. Interesting concept. Did you make the top photo?

August 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM

20. Anonymous

Hilarious…borrowing.

August 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM

21. We do have to have a sense of humor about things but satire does mask real issues. A large quake in Western North America is going to happen relatively soon, so just be mentally prepared. It’s either too much resource drilling or pranks from HAARP.

August 25, 2011 at 8:48 PM

22. that’s HILARIOUS – nice job hahaha

-grace

August 25, 2011 at 8:57 PM

23. Too Funny!

August 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM

24. i am worried virginia earth quake and

August 27, 2011 at 3:09 AM

25. Anonymous

This is funny as heck!

August 27, 2011 at 6:35 PM

26. megan

So, where are you from? California? The earthquake that hit us, and to give you credit… was not “that big of a deal” thank god no one was seriously hurt. But you more than likely are not from this part of the country… the first thing that hit everyone’s mind was a “terrorist” attack, because we unfortunately, are way too familiar with those… unlike you probably. On top of that, those poor people who did actually have damage to their homes, have no earthquake insurance because it is not required/ nor expected here. Nor are our buildings built to upstand an earthquake past a 6.2. They have lost their homes. On top of three schools being completely shut down. I’d like to see you recover from a earthquake that has NEVER happened in your area and turn right around and prepare for a hurricane…. Congrats for being a huge tool.

September 4, 2011 at 10:13 PM

27. megan

oh and PS… I had to wait a week to post this because I didn’t have any power, due to the hurricane… How about you?! :)

September 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM

• Craig Posted on I don’t know if 8 hours of utility there’s much or not. But I wlduon’t buy a HP mini laptop, because first of all it’s more expensive than a normal dimensioned laptop.Not running modern games on high detail settings is a bad point also.

January 13, 2013 at 6:18 AM

28. I savor, lead to I found just what I used to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

January 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM

29. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post
    is written by him as no one else know such detailed about
    my problem. You are incredible! Thanks!

July 16, 2013 at 6:05 AM