Blake, Amy Winehouse’s ex husband who is in jail, might inherit her entire fortune.

Once upon a time Amy Winehouse was a little bit chubby, super talented, and released an amazing album. Then she met a druggy, got hooked on every drug in existance, and started to lose everything. Now she’s dead, and her ex husband (the one that got her hooked on drugs) might inherit everything while he’s rotting away in prison:

Fielder-Civil is currently serving a 32-month sentence for burglary and imitation of
possession of a firearm, but is aware of his ex-wife’s passing. Upon yesterday’s news, Fielder-Civil’s mother Georgette attempted to articulate her son’s emotions and predict his actions. “Blake will kill himself. He won’t make it without her. He will be devastated, totally and utterly devastated. He’ll go straight back to self-harming. I’ll have to ring the prison and he’ll have to be put on watch,” she told the U.K.’s Daily Star, explaining that despite the divorce, the pair were inextricably linked forever. “He was always ringing her and she was always ringing him. Blake always wanted her back. She couldn’t walk away from him and he couldn’t walk away from her. Her and Blake were both lost and we handled it badly.”

While Fielder-Civil received no compensation after their 2009 divorce, there is currently speculation as to who will inherit Winehouse’s estate, worth an estimated £6 million – £20 million. It all depends on the status of Winehouse’s will, if one currently exists. English law automatically assumes spouses as inheritors, and does not reverse this in the event of divorce. While Fielder-Civil was highly regarded as responsible for Winehouse’s escalating drug problem, the possibility of him inheriting her fortune would likely leave many friends and family members upset.

I can’t see Amy having it together enough to have a will. Maybe her family forced her to get one. MAN, that’s a messed up system though. Why would you give it to her EX-HUSBAND. In America it goes to your husband, if you have no spouse (or you’re divorced) then it goes to your kids. If there’s a lot of money, your kids fight over it in court. But for it to default to an ex husband seems super crazy. And dumb. I hope that doesn’t happen.

via Pop Dust and Daily Star

10 responses

1. I’m sure she had a will specially with her fortune rising to over $100m after her passing away. Hope some of her wealth goes to her drug foundation though. J

August 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM

2. essa foto me da nojo embora eu amasse ela nao posso negar ela era maria vai com as outras foi na labia desse cretino incapaiz k so via o susseso dela sobir e ele mesmo nao tinha dinheiro nem pras drogas ele jogou ela nese buraco pork tinha inveja dela e ela com espirito fraco caiu na dele isso nao e amor e obsesao

August 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

3. Anonymous

he walks away the sun goes down he takes the day but im grown

October 5, 2011 at 8:58 AM

• Pota

i love that song!!!! i love her and I miss Amy so much!!! she was so talented…in my eyes she’s a QUEEN and I hope, one day…we will be friends in heaven
      PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL
      DON’T TAKE DRUGS BECAUSE…, DRUGS TAKE YOU.

June 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

4. Ms. Winehouse estate should go to her dad evidently they were close despite him telling her that (she was fine) and didnt need rehab. It is inconceivable to me that her fortune might be given to the one who introduced her to death.

October 31, 2011 at 12:10 PM

5. aless

no tiene porque ir al drogo de su esposo ya q el fue quien la mato y el esta con vida pienso aunq no soy nadie para jugar ni nada ni le deco la muerte pero dbrdad el dbio d morir no ella lastimozamnt asi es eza vida emy era bien linda knataba hermozo pero bueno me gusta loq dicz tiene cntido razon y sobre todo est mundo esta patas pa arriba como djarle todo a ec drogo pero ya no va a robar ni nada solo va a gastarc la plata en drogas mal muy mal

August 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM

6. She shouldn’t do drugs

October 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

7. You actually make it appear so easy along with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually
    one thing which I feel I might never understand. It sort of
    feels too complicated and extremely large for me.
    I’m looking forward to your subsequent put up, I’ll try to get the cling of it!

February 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

8. Hello, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this blog post.
    It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

February 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

9. Just wish to say your article is as astounding.
    The clearness in your post is just spectacular and i could assume you’re an expert in this subject. Well with your permission allow me to clutch your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please continue the rewarding work.

March 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM